Friday, June 6

Mumble Grumble

In today's MetroFocus, there's an article on Complaining : following up everyday gripes and moans could lead to a better world, "Let's get ready to grumble".

Brits enjoys a grumble, and their top ten list are;
1. Bad Luck or fate
2. Personal ill health
3. Things have generally got worst
4. Spouses/friends/partners
5. Weather
6. Religious leaders
7. Cost of living
8. Public transport
9. Corrupt politicians
10 Television


And I guess the top ten grumbles of Malaysians right now are;
1. Hike in fuel price
2. Hike in fuel price
3. Hike in fuel price
4. Hike in fuel price
5. Hike in fuel price
6. Hike in fuel price
7. Hike in fuel price
8. Hike in fuel price
9. Hike in fuel price
10.Hike in fuel price


My grumbling today is in between that of a Brit & Malaysian.
1) I hate that I have cold sore, and after applying the cream, it's starting to look worst. My lips look swollen and hideous. (Brit's No.2)
2) I hate that when I come home, I'll have to find alternative transportation and there is not much of public transport, tube/frequent buses around to work. Sigh. Right now, I have to consider getting back on my bike which will be much much more cheaper. (Malaysian's 1-10)


Well, I'm off to bed. It's been a tiring day. I've been looking through endless journals at the library since yesterday to find some sparks or ideas so that I could start researching for my dissertation next year. I know it's a tad to early, but my dad's been smoking up my chimney, chasing me to get a topic before end of this month. Yes, I am still the little girl I used to be, Daddy's little girl who needs to be pushed into doing what's best for her ;p Well. I don't mind at all. ;)


Good Night Everyone, don't let the bed bugs bite. Zzzz....




"...Humble as a mumble in the jungle of shouts and screams, That's the way the cracker crumbles So I guess I've got to re-route my dreams..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How on earth I wish you'd be here to experience the devastated and frustrated feeling of fuel price hike up. I mean, we are not talking bout the fuel itself, but it does raised the price of foods and services. Imagine, in just less that 24 hours, a normal plate of nasi goreng kampung served on the normal plastic plate, could cost me RM4.50! Gile isim
Now I've got to reconsider where shall I deliver my baby, will be at private hospital (original decision) or will it be at gov hospital (sure it cheaper!)
This morning less vehicles moving on the road as it sooooo unusual. As if, Malaysia dilanda tsunami. Again?

missy dullness said...

ajai,
aah, aku tengok berita, harga tiket from jb-kl ada yang naik smpi 60. giler crazy..