Tuesday, June 17

Hubbing

We've seen a lot of all these online networking, friendster-myspace-facebook-tagged-etc etc, where people get to meet up with their friends from the past or for them to meet up with new friends.

When I started working, I found friendster to be very helpful. Between working 24-7, always under the spotlight and pressured and working my ass off, I merely had enough time for myself let alone to keep in touch with my friends and long-lost friends. I met up with old pals, schoolmates right from primary school to my uni mates. It was a lot of fun, not forgetting the fact that I usually log into friendster as a de-stress therapy at work.

Down the road, all the other networking came into existence (for me that is-maybe it's the other way around for other people), and I became more less interested because there's no point in having so many networking tools when basically the friend's list is the same for each. You get what I mean? It doesn't fit the purpose anymore. So I started putting off on friendster, just registered with tagged because there was sooooo much invitations that I was just forced to join the mass population but just for the sake of registering, and I just logged in when I have the time. All my friends that I 'found' after 'losing' them, has already been listed in my messenger so that I can always keep in touch with them.

Now, after being a student yet again, and being here a land far far away, I just tend to use friendster more, trying to keep in touch with everybody yet again. And plus, I have all the free time on my hands right now. My homeys and coursemates, have been pestering me about not having a facebook. "How could you not have facebook, it's just a-must-have". After finishing my exams, which didn't went as good as planned by the way, I just decided to open an account. Just for the sake of it. So, I've been uploading photos that includes my friends here, and not so much about me, or photos on me. Somethings are just not meant to be shared.

I don't know the importance of it and why people are so eager to keep in touch with each other. Maybe it's just a way of saying, (or looking like), "I'm not all alone in the world, I'm surrounded by people that know and bothers about me".
Maybe.
Maybe I should just lighten up a little.


To all my fellow friends who has a facebook, be my guest if you want to add me.
Or not.
Hehe..

I don't know what I'm rambling about.
I missed my dosage of sanity today, so I'm all over the place.
The girls are out, Jaja has a farewell party at some club, and Mary, Lala and some of Lala's friends are at some restaurant ahving dinner. Mary pleaded me to go, but, I just don't really feel like going out that much. I'm a homey person.
I just love sitting on my bed, in front of my laptop, and driving myself crazy by the minute.

Before I bore you guys to tears, I'm off.
Tomorrow Nurul and her friend will be arriving, and I need to pick them up at Heathrow.
Daaa...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sue,
kire ok lah lah tuh..
aku nih bab friendster memang bodo.
either menda tuh tak user friendly atau aku mmg bodoh yg amat.
kesimpulannya, jgn komen apa2 kt friendster aku sbb aku mmg tak reti nak check kt ne..wakakakakakak..caya tak aku bleh declare mcm nih?

zahidah seran said...

sue, aku letak link blog ko ke blog aku yer...

Anonymous said...

sue... sume letak link ko.. bole tak aku????

missy dullness said...

ajai,
takpe2. kira ko macam oldies2 / old school sikit lah. ok apa.. ;)


mrs redzuan aka zamose,
sila2

intanz,
sila2. aku leh dapat commision apa2 ker?
haahhaha ;p