Only a Fool.... by Lori S. Maynard
They say that only fools fall in love...
That their dreams are simply naive.
They say that “Ever After” is lore
but I want to use my heart and believe.
I want to believe that it exists out there...
That this fool is a fool for a reason.
But the moon is new and deathly dark
delivering only shadows in this season.
Cold, cold...cold are the lonely nights.
Heart breaking and dreams jolt awake
amidst the darkened, flowing robes
of Night’s grandeur...my breath does shake.
They say that only fools can believe in life...
That no possibility will ever present itself.
They say that we are fools and nothing more
than to abuse and to put upon a dusty shelf.
I want to believe. I want to know that it’s real.
I want to feel that emotion coursing within.
To know I’m not alone nor shall be again...
To know I’m safe when I mention the word “him”
Memories yet to be created all ghost within
my mind as though sometimes they were real.
They say that only fools use their hearts...
My foolishness, I’ve easily concealed.
I’ve been cold and I’ve been distant to all
and depressed beyond life’s cruelest measure.
I’ve foundered and stood firm upon foundation
seeking nothing more than one heart’s treasure.
They say that only fools will truly fall in love
for they are blind to games, hate and greed.
I hope one day, a true fool I can find...
Because this heart is one fool in need.
©March 21, 2006 Lori S. Maynard
***
Just some pics of my favourite girl.
Friday, August 1
Only A Fool
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment