Thursday, August 18

Mixed Signals

I’ve always wondered;
Do I give out mixed @ wrong signals?
Is it the way I act or talk around guys?
If it is, I’m sorry.

It’s just the way I am. You may see me as a girl who’s very uncomfortable around guys at first. But once I get to know a guy, and I feel that we can click, or have a ‘connection’ (which is not in the mushy-mushy kinda way ar), I will let my guards down. And just be myself. I’m not a flirt neither am I a teaser. I just express myself the way I am. I get close to someone, but in my heart and head, it is just for the sake of friendship.

I do not have any intentions of bringing anything to the next level, hell; I don’t even know what the next level is. Please do not wrongly see something that is not there, because it isn’t. I may adore you, I may treat you a little bit different than I treat the others but it doesn’t mean there’s something there.

This also happened way back during campus era.


Another flash-back from the past.
( z , I know you read this blog, and this is my part of the story. I have no intention of embarrassing you or broadcasting our so-called-history, but it just feels good to finally have a place to pour out all my feelings and indirectly relating it to you, and if you don’t agree with me, I’m sorry.)

The friendship started during matriculation time, z and I would work together on the same programs for club x. On many occasions, we were paired in the same bureau, and he would be the head while I was his assistance. So, we grew close, and z is a terrific friend. I mean it. He was always there when I needed him, He almost had the answers to all my questions, He spoke damn good English, Always lending his ears whenever I needed to spill everything out of my system. He was a special friend, and I admit that I adore him, as a friend (note: as a friend). And I don’t think I’ll ever find another guy friend that I can be be as close as he was.

People thought we were going out.
People thought that we were a couple.
People thought wrong.
We weren’t.

We enjoyed some fun and exciting outings together (read: ‘outings’ not ‘dates’). We shared a lot of our stories, I even let him into some of the stories in my past that I wasn’t proud off, and would never ever share with anybody, not a single soul. But all the while, I only thought him as a friend, a very dear friend. Nothing more. In fact, I considered him as the best’est friend ever. Then all of a sudden, ‘that thing’ happened. I now know that it wasn’t his fault to be having those kind of feelings, because thinking back, I may have given mixed signals through out our friendship. Well, that scared the shit out of me. And that was why I put on my running shoes and ran away as far as possible from him that I could. It was my mistake for putting all the blame on him, but I think everything worked out well. Now, he is in a very serious relationship (just counting the months to settle down) and me, well, I’m happy with where I am right now and what I’ve turned out to be.

But, if given the chance, I would like our friendship to start all over again. I know that we won’t be as close as we used to be, but at least we can still be buddies.

Recently, I asked z, was I giving out mixed signals when we were 'together'? He answered with a BIG FAT yes.

Well, now I know.

6 comments:

atn said...

good to know eh. but then men and women ni kapla hotak ada lain. kalau sama, hey the world wont go around.

tak pe dek, part of growing pains

im said...

so when u really fall for someone nanti, how will the guy know? how will ur signals differ from the ones you sent to 'just friends' type of guys? n do u feel that friendship cannot or should not be brought to the next level? i mean if u and z were 'clickable' friendship-wise, why can't u give it a try and see how things go?

wud luv to know about ur views regarding this matter. :)

im said...

P.S: i hope u and z don't get me wrong. i don't mean to poke thru your personal life or anything. just nk mintak pendapat, since aku lelaki, aku pun tak paham certain2 sifat pempuan ni.

missy dullness said...

eh sorry im, aku baru perasan ko tinggal comment..

emm..well..i REALLY dont know the answer to your questions...I really dont...it's a BIG question mark actually..

SECRETary said...

Quoted:
"And I don’t think I’ll ever find another guy friend that I can be be as close as he was."
---->still valid?

"In fact, I considered him as the best’est friend ever."

---->anytg SUPERior than best'est friend ever? hmm... ;p

"I do not have any intentions of bringing anything to the next level, hell; I don’t even know what the next level is."

---->tat "next level" really turns ur world upside down huh...? hehe

missy dullness said...

Quoted:
"And I don’t think I’ll ever find another guy friend that I can be be as close as he was."
---->still valid?
PEOPLE USUALLY SAY, NEVER SAY NEVER. SO, YUP ITS NOT VALID ANYMORE.

"In fact, I considered him as the best’est friend ever."

---->anytg SUPERior than best'est friend ever? hmm... ;p
YES THERE IS. SUPER BESTEST FRIEND

"I do not have any intentions of bringing anything to the next level, hell; I don’t even know what the next level is."

---->tat "next level" really turns ur world upside down huh...? hehe
NEXT LEVEL? HAVENT BEEN THERE YET, SO DONT REALLY KNOW HOW TO ANSWER UR Q