Friday, May 1

So Much To Do, So Little Time and Runing Low on Stamina

Just a quick update. I have like loads of story I want to share, but it will have to wait.
I'm running out of time, 25 days to submission date, and I still have a long way to go.
Being sick for 2/3 of the time I have to do my dissertation just adds the icing on the cake ok (and icing is really bad for your body)... ;( This is why people say, you can plan and plan, but you can't control everything. And you guys know me, I'm really no good at being sick. I just end up cranky, sleepy, very moody and restless. And yes, I know I'm such a drama queen.

To think of it, this is the longest I have been sick all my life. All my life.
My flu, cough and fever have been with me for almost 2 months now.
And there is no sign that it's getting better. I had a fever 2 weeks ago, and I though that was it-the peak of all my sickness, I'll be alright after that, but NO.. the coughing still remains until now, well actually I think it's much worse now.

I took a lot of medicine. A lot.
I don't usually take medicine, it's just not my thing. But, I forced myself to gulp everything down. But after 2 bottles of coughing syrup, a few boxes of medicine from 2/3 different 'alleged-effective' products, antibiotics and pils that abanglong brought from malaysia, countless strepsils and coughing antidotes, a big mug of chineese herbs that Kak Zaila cooked up for me, I'm still sick. Sick like a dog.

Last week I just threw my hands up and wanted to call it quits with all medicine and treatment and just let nature take its course. But today, I'm taking down my white flag and starting medicine again because for the second time in nearly 2 months, I'm loosing my voice again today, and it's much more worse than the first time. And my throat hurts badly, and my nose is bleeding.

The 1st month of being sick I could afford to cut myself some slack, hit the sheets early, stayed in bed all day, took walks in the park for the purpose of getting better. But now, I really can't.
My dateline is approaching and I am behind schedule.

I've been pushing myself these past few weeks, and I've been trying hard to stay focus. But I suck when I'm sick. Let me rephrase, normally I just suck BUT I suck even more when I'm sick.


Please pray for me.




Btw, swine flu has hit london and it's at level 5 which is quite bad. If it hits level 6, we need to be quarantined.
Hope to God that my flu is just the normal hay fever or stress flu.

3 comments:

syakin said...

sue, take care!!

KJid said...

Dear.. moga cepat sembuh ya...

missy dullness said...

syakin dear,thanks