(Alert : Old News, just uploaded)
I'm back in the capital of England.
It has been crazy.
The first intake of the air, just felt like home. Well, second home. I can't believe that I actually missed London.
So, I was at Heathrow, pushing my cart filled with more or less 20-30kgs weight of baggages done through the green lane, and passed through all the people waiting eagerly for the arrivals of their loved ones or the people that they needed to pick up. I called Tina, and originally wanted to take the cab back to her house. She told me, that when she took the cab on Wednesday, it cost her 100++quids. Are you shitting me..? No way in hell am I going to spend that much money on just a ride home€, er well Tina's home. So, I put on my SuperGirl's cape, and just pulled my 20-30kgs baggage and hopped on the tube, piccadily line and changed to district line at baron's court. And made my way, pushing 2 bags down the streets of east ham towards Tina's house, the no.10.
When I got there, I just left all my luggage and we went out, Tina & me, her to leave her laundry in the dryer, and me, well a quest to find me a house in a day. Sounds quite impossible actually, but I am not a girl who would'nt settle with just the possible aitt..
So off I went to an agency that just opened their shop for that day. He brought me to 2 flats, a 2-bedroom flat which stinks but other than that was ok, but it cost a bomb, 800quids, and that is not including the utilities and everything. The second was a 1 bedroom flat, very small, and very affordable, at 650quids. But still it only has 1bedroom, and me & Jaja (my housemate from Brunei) just love our privacy as much as we love spending time together. After looking at the houses with the agent, I went back to Tina's house to go to the toilet and went straight back out again to look for more houses. As I was busy searching for adverts plastered on the shops glass window, I just felt something amiss. I searched for my oyster wallet and couldn't find it. My everythiing was in there, my bank card, my student oyster card, my other oyster card, my uni card, my mobile top-up cards and some cash 30-40quids(which is a lot in my book).
I went back to Tina's house, walking the long walk, whilst searching for my wallet just in case I dropped it somewhere on the road, nothing. When I reached Tina's house, nothing. I started to panic but went to the 1st agency I went to, nothing. Searched in the agent's car, nothing. I was tired from the 13 hours flight, from dragging my luggage, I was fasting and tired from all the walking I did, but I just moved on. Yeah, my life is in my hands. And I can't rely on anyone else.
I went to the bank to cancel my card, and ask them to issue me a new card. Luckily Ayah gave me some cash which I didn't put in the Oyster wallet since everything was still in my Malaysia's purse. I callled ayah from the bank, got a bit emotional, but everything was in control, alhamdulillah.
So after settling that, I continued my quest of searching for a house. I went walking from one agency to another, looking for the best deal, affordable and pleasant. Munaf, Jaja's friend phoned me up, and was such a doll and helped me to find a house to settle in the whole day. I know that he was actually doing it for her, for Jaja, because I'm searching for a place for both of us, but I am grateful because I couldn't have covered that much houses without his help. The final house we went to was this 2 bedroom flat, at East Ham, 700quids including utility bills and including internet. I was so tired, I swear that I was sleep walking from one house to another. So, Munaf sent me to Tina's house and asked me to think about which house I wanted to move in to, because I want to move in the next day. I crashed on Tina's sofa that night with a growling stomach, only had a piece of sandwich for buka puasa, but I was too tired and didn't have an appetite.
Tina woke me up for sahur, I had the other piece of my sandwich, called up the tenant for the last house that I saw, and agreed to move in by afternoon. After taking my bath, went out with Tina to East Ham, she wants to do her grocery shopping. Were back at the house by lunch hour, and rested for a while, then started to carry all my stuff from Tina's basement upstairs so taht I can move in. Munaf came at around 4pm, helped me move all my stuff and some of Jaja's stuff to the new house. The house wasn't in good shape, I really had some serious cleaning up to do that night if I wanted to spend the night there. I am not the type that likes to bother people, over burden when it's not necessary, so sleeping at Tina's yet another night, was not an option. Went back to break fast at Tina's house, and walked back to my apartment after that. The apartment was scary, there were 3 indians staying downstairs, the apartment smell like shit, but I just did my thing, cleaned up every single corner of each room, scrubed the floor and the wondows clean. Yet another tiring day, And it felt so lonely. I was all alone, and it was so quiet, it was eating me up alive. But, I just had to be strong. I had to.
The next morning, I went to the toilet, and my room door accidently locked behind me. Argh..! So, I called the men downstairs (who happened to be the middle-man between my and the tenant), so the pried open my door, because everything was in there. God, what a way to start my day right..? I went to the uni next, to reapply my student ID, and I had to pay 10quids for a new one. Bloody Hell... I didn't have to pay a single penny for my bank card. But I didn't have a choice, aint it?
I bought myself a new oyster card, and still haven't applied for my student oyster since that's cost me a bomb because I lost it. So, I'll leave that to tomorrow.
I'm so tired and restless.
My early days back in London, back on quest, hasn't been all that good.
And I still don't have my internet at home, which sucks big time. But I can always run to the uni whenever I want, so I can still manage.
A journey that starts off with a rocky and challenging beginning, will eventually be rewarding the end.
InsyaAllah, I really hope so, and I am working towards it.
For those who worries for me, and never stop praying for me, I can never thank you enough.
I'm here, to colour, beautify and make a better future for myself, and those around me. I hope that with this sacrifice, I would be able to benefit not only myself, but the lives of the people I love, and everyone in the world by a long shot. I always believe that whatever you do, is never just for you. There's always somebody's share in your share.
Enough for now, I need to force myself to sleep.
Till then, I'll be updating more frequently once I have my internet connection back again.
Adios.
See you soon.
Maybe I’d be back around If this keeps me away much longer, I don’t know what I will do
You've got to understand it’s a hard life that I’m going through
And when the night falls in around me I don’t think I’ll make it through
Ill use your light to guide my way Cuz all I think about is you..."
No comments:
Post a Comment