So, I went to Liverpool last Saturday and boy was it a long coach drive.
It took us almost 5 hours to get there, only to be rushed to the Beatles Story Museum. It was raining, and the wind was blowing from every direction you can imagine.
My first impression of Liverpool, emm....not so good. The buildings are old, and dirty. And there a lots of buildings coming up, being refurbished and overall it just looked like a place that's still under development. But, I might be wrong, maybe it was the long drive and the rain that clouded my sightings.
Because it was a return trip to Liverpool, we didn't really have much time to spend there. We rushed to the Beatles Story Museum, and it was a long queue. Unfortunately we missed our tour time, so we had to wait for another tour to get in before us. There we were standing outside, in the rain, freezing to the bones, waiting anxiously to get into the museum. And finally when we managed to get in there, some of us had to rush through the entire tour to catch the coach to Anfield. I was quite frustrated, because I was actually looking forward to the Beatles Museum, but I can't always get what I want right?
We had to meet up at the pit stop at 2:30pm, "be there, or be square", they said. I was still in the museum, going through Paul, John, Ringo & George's old pictures and loving the "Imagine" room so much that I lost track of time. By the time I got to the gift shop, it was already 2:20 and it's a 15 minutes walk to the pit stop. I waited for my friend to pay at the counter, and we headed back in the pouring rain, and the wind was blowing off our minds, and just praying that we get there in time. But, we didn't.
But we were so determined to go (I won't let this ruin my entire journey to Liverpool), so me and my friend took a bus to the stadium, soaking wet. It was nice of the bus driver to drop us at one of the bus stops, and told us to get on 26 which will take us straight to the stadium. Our tour was scheduled at 3pm, and we were very close t missing it. We didn't really care, if we get to go for the tour that would be absolutely cool, if not that at least we arrived there, and can go shopping! Yey! ;p
We managed to join the tour, well just half of it, but it was so worth it. Being there in the stadium it's just overwhelming. I am not a Liverpool fan, clearly. But who cares right? ;p I was at Manchester during my last family vacation to London, 3 years back but we didn't make it into the stadium, just the souvenir shop (my bro's are big fans of Man U). After going through all the trouble of getting there, it was worth it.

So, we left Liverpool at around 5pm, had a short stop at one of the R&R. And arrived back at the Uni around 10pm. It was so tiring I tell you, my legs were cramped in the coach, I couldn't sleep becaus eit was so uncomfortable. It was like going back to Kedah, a one day return trip. It was crazy, but hell, it was free. No complaints then.
The sad thing is, I brought my camera, but I didn't bring my SD Card. Yeah, yeah...I know. I left in my laptop after transferring some pics, but I manged to take some photos. I'm not such a huge fan of taking pictures anyway, so bahaa... ;p
Ok then, I'm starving and I about to eat my English Lunch, (malas nak masak nasi ;p, bukan diet ek tuan-tuan dan puan-puan sekalian). So, I'm diving in. Yummy...



3 comments:
"""
.......I brought my camera, but I didn't bring my SD Card. Yeah, yeah...I know. I left in my laptop after transferring some pics.......
"""
AGAIN..!
lalala..
yup..again..
I never learn.. ;p
heeeeeeee..liverpool ni ujan sepanjang tahun ke..mmg dodgy place die kan..dulu pegi kunun nak picnic..akhirnye picnic kesejukan dalam kereta...
Post a Comment