Yeah, yeah....I was officially 26 yesterday.
What's the big deal anyway?
Why do people celebrate birthdays?
Just a reminder that you're one year older, does it even matter?
Just a reminder that you're approaching your golden years?
Nevertheless, its always a great overwhelming feeling of being reminded that people do remember my birthday, which means they remember me eventhough we've lost touch with one another for a while.
I remember when I was in primary school, we used to get shipped back to my Mak Teh's house in Sungai petani. My parents wanted us to learn living in 'kampung' environment, and also the fact that both my parents are working and they didnt want us (ME especially) wandering around the roads of Johor during school holidays. Apperantly, my parents figured out in the early stages that I was a mischief and didnt want me to be mischiveous the whole 2-3months. That's a whole different story which I will blog about in a different entry. Since my birthday is in Nov, during school holidays, my Mak Teh will throw me a birthday party and invite all my 'kampung' friends, and relatives. It was a lot of fun. She'd bake me some cake and cook all these delicious food, and my cousins will buy all the junk food they can find at the shops. And the presents, oh my...they'd be stacks of presents. Mak Teh always told me I'm very good at making friends, and they'll be all these new kids coming to Mak Teh's house every year to celebrate my birthday. I'd make friends with kids at the Taman bunga, or Taman Burung, or at the same Kelas Mengaji and invite all of them to come.
When I got older, in my university years, I used to throw small parties in my room, I'd call my friends and stuffed down all kinds of food down their stomach. I love to do that, until now. Whatever it is, I want people to be full & fat (hehe). A hungry person is an angry person, and I hate angry people, and I hate being surrounded by them. So I try to avoid every chance of that happening.
My parents and siblings are very big on birthdays, its like a huge event. My dad will buy us dinner at one of the fancy restaurants in town, just the 7 of us (or less, if any of us isnt around), and we'd be showered with presents by everyone.
The no of birthday wishes or greetings that I received every year is also overwhelming. This year too. Starting from the first strike of midnight until now. My bestfriend-whom-I-cant-live-without, was the 1st person who wished me. Well Ma&Ayah wished me a day earlier, but ok, I'll give you the credit ;p And unexpectedly, followed by Keddy and down goes the list of all my friends, from all over the town, KL to Johor.
I want to express my heartiest thanks to everyone who remembered and bothered to greet me, by text message or phone call or email, thanks for cheering up a day in my life. For what it's worth...I love you all.
Tuesday, November 20
26
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
huhu..
kecik ati..
;( ;( ;(
Happy birthday my friend...
Lama dah tak jenguk blog nko nih..
kecikatiman,
ngado2... ;p
develish queen,
thank u dear...
aku pun dah lama tak update blog ni pun..
hehehe..
rindu seh sama lu..hehe ;)
Post a Comment