Tuesday, February 13

"Be My Valentine?"

Tomorrow, as the whole world knows, is Valentine's day.
I've never been a fan of pink and red hearts, and flowers and everything associated to Valentine's day.

Yesterday, a guy friend asked me,
"Sue, Be My Valentine?"

I was like douhhh...I maybe am 25 years and 3 months, I do enjoy watching romantic comedies or movies once in a while, and I am so into love songs, But seriously, How does one answer that question? What does one mean by asking a person, "Be My Valentine?"

My answer was a simple, " I am not anyone's valentine. I am THE Valentine. I am VALENTINE. I bring love baby, to everyone"
(appropriate or not, I still stick to my answer, because I seem to love everybody, and I hope that I make everybody happy and hopefully they love me too)

It's as simple as that.
I'm not against Valentine, everybody who wants to celebrate it, be my guest, it's ur 'thing' to do. For me, love needs to be shown every single day, not only one particular day in a year. Showing your love and affection is not all about giving expensive presents (Hey, a Valentine's card from Memory Lane can actually cost you 2 meals at KFC), or 70 stems of red roses, or whatever kids nowadays use to show their partner @ mother @ family @ friend that they CARE, but for me, a simple phone call, or sms, could do the trick. But, expensive presents are always a bonus, of course. I'm totally not against that. ;p

Yesterday, I had lunch at Gaint KJ and was doing my usual window-shopping ritual, I came across 2 guys shopping for valentine goodies at Lovely Lace , and they were looking through everything on display. One of the guys was actually so excited to get his boo something special for Valentine, he was picking up everything and asking his other friend's opinion, "Eh, Ko rasa yang ni cantik tak?" "Eh, yang nie rasa2nya dia suka tak?" "Yang ni menarik gak ni, lawa jek aku tengok", and I just can't help myself, I was smiling all the way. I mean, can you get any more 'gay'er than that? I apologize if you think that I'm being rude, I know I am a mood spoiler, but I really cannot tahan lah. Seriously. Oh God, What's wrong with me? Hehehe

Well, for whateva it's worth, "Happy Valentines Day" to everyone who's celebrating it, and for those who aren't, "Happy Love-Day Everyday"! May love guide us through life. Love God, Love your family & friends, and most importantly, LOVE YOURSELF!

So, Happy Valentines Day for me, The Valentine... ;p

7 comments:

intanz said...

heheheh.. happy valentine sue! adik aku da upload sket gambo kat dlm frenste comment tuh...

missy dullness said...

;)
oo ye ker? ok2...nanti aku g tengok kat frenster ya cik kak...

azynazura said...

hehheehh...same old sue..:p

missy dullness said...

always and forever baby... ;p

shifa said...

heh..not a big fan of valentine as well..just hated it when i need to witness all those couples together with roses and chocolates *disgusting*

why imitate other peoples culture..??

* perhaps nowadays strawberry and choc..ahakss..

Super-M said...


LOVE EVERYONE..?

u dun even love me..!!!
tipu aa..
=((

ami said...

lama x komen..hehe

2 luv is 2 share
2 share is 2 care
2 care is 2 be here, there, everywhere...

knew d luvly 'ms valentine' wont stop luving everyone
trust everyone cant stop luving her too

but..
Only the CHOOSEN ONE can get d whole bunch of her Super Luv

reality..
i luv u dear
in my own unique mixtures

* sound sooo 'geli'ish..
hehee..tats fm my heart
nukilan pagi2 bute xleh tdo nye pasal ;)