I've always wondered what it'll be like if I had accepted the job offer as a tutor at one of the local universities that I received two years back.
(i) The pay was good (as a goverment server and a fresh grad-so I can't complain),
(ii) It's A LOT closer to home than now : translating into budget saving and total housing&dining expense paid for
(iii) A bigger+better car, since I didn't need to rush in buying a car at the first place, I can always hitchhike my dad's car to work
(iv)In a better relationship with my parents&siblings, I've always been a FAMILY PERSON, the one who's always been there for my family, always running back to my family for support, always the one that everyone can count one, (I wonder if whether I 'm still that person?). And being the family person that I am, I get easily ticked off when somebody comes near to bringing my family down, in any way. I am a very defensive person.
But I made a decision which at that time I thought was the best. I just started working (a week if I can remember correctly) at a multinational company, which I have always dreamt to be my employer since way back during my uni days, and I was overwhelmed by the fact that eventhough I wasn't one of the brightest students around, I managed to get a job in just a week after my last paper (hell, even my results were not finalized yet). And, I just wanted to get the feeling of living my dream (which, I think is a nightmare right now, hahaha).
I've made my choice and I've never regretted it since, well sometimes I do think about it, I mean, a tutor who was promised to be sent to overseas to do masters&phd (combined) was one of my childhood dreams also, not to mention that my sist&bro are actually studying abroad and living their dreams. But, I can't get them ALL, right?
But, one things for sure, if I would have taken the tutor offer, I wouldn't be the person I am right now. I doubt that I would pass-up the person I am right now (the lessons I've learnt for 2 years, working in this company,living independently in KL), for anything in the world, coz I have changed, and I'm willing to change myself even more just to be a better person. And that's what I'm doing right now, striving to be a better person in life & the hereafter.
I want to continue to make my family, my friends, my race, my religion proud. If I haven't been doing a good job so far, for the last 2 years, than I would really hope to start now.
Better late than never right?
Friday, March 31
Muhasabah Di Hari Jumaat
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
hello sue, lama xsinggah cni.
i'm going for a career in academics myself.i've had a short experience working in a multinational company myself and although the working environment is conducive, my colleagues are supportive, and the challenges are exciting, i find it's not where my heart is.
the fact is i'd rather have a slightly smaller pay for a job that gives me more freedom and more time to spend for myself.
sue.. just follow ur heart la wei... as long as you feel better dear! neva regret on da choice u've made.. maybe there's a special reason dat you neva noe dear... who knows??
muahksssssssssss.... (lame tak jumpe ko la wei...)
honestly...
aku rasa macam nak belajar, amik 2nd degree (bukan master aaa)n jadi lecturer. gilo idak?
Im,
you've only been working for 2 months, and you're already feeling like the job is eating you up alive right?
I've been working for almost 2 years already... get the picture?
=)
----------------------------------
Intan,
Choices have been made, and I stand by them no matter what.
biler nk jumper beb? ko arrange masa.
=)
---------------------------------
diah,
hehehe...
this 'symptom' is caused either by;
a)we're getting older
b)we've had enough of fieldwork, working in private sector
c)we want more time to ourselves...
take ur pick!
Answer:
All of the above
Acceptable?
Alang-alang menyeluk pekasam, biar sampai ke pangkal lengan.. (kata2 org tua)
Alang-alang menyeluk pekasam, biar sampai jadi lauk masak lemak yang mengancam+mancongkam.. (kata2 org muda)
Post a Comment