Eid Mubarak to all the readers of ...dulllife..., every single one of you... Hope your raya is celebrated in the best way it could and should be celebrated.
My ideal Eid Mubarak is not just having new clothes, or shoes, guing back to Kedah or Perak, not just the rendang, ketupat, lemang, nasi impit, kuah lodeh and those stuff, it's more towards being able to spend it with my family. The ones I love and are so dear to my heart. When I paint the house the other day-its not for raya, it's to see the wide smile on my mum's face, to be able to laugh about how hidious it looks with my dad, or just to get paint all over the place so that abanglong has to mop it clean, or to get adik the oppurtunity to un'glue' himself from his study table as he has to help me out. And also to get to trash talk with Nurul and Syafiq on the loong phone calls, which is permitted for hari raya, since its a special occasion.
People keep on saying, don't loose the tradition of visiting other peoples house, go out and beraya and all those stuff, but for me if the whole family sits together in front of the tv and enjoy the same movie (fighting their strong urge to change to sports channel..hehehhe), then share the same jokes and kutuk all the malay movie, but continue to watch it anyway, is the BEST way to spend raya since we don't often get the oppurtunity to do that nowadays. We are all so caught up with our work, staying 365kms away from each other doesnt help either, so for me this raya was one of the best, because eventhough Nurul and Syafiq wasnt around, it felt cosy, it felt complete.
But we werent that boring of a family also, yesterday, as usual, my dad has to menghadap the TMJ, a tradition since 5 years ago, 1st raya is meant for the king... (king ker? something like that lah). So we went to JB, me, my parents, adik and haji,my dad's driver. I like to go every year just to see the kindness that glows from Zarith Sofea's face, and their children are such down to earth royalties. Yeah, maybe you have heard all the numerous stories of Sultan Johor's unpredictable temper (he is Bugis, you cant blame him, its n their blood), but it's not the same for the TMJ's family. They're quite nice actually, for all we know lah..Zarith Sofea talks in a way that you just cant stand not to be engaged in her talks, I mean, she's so captivating and her english is, walaa..hahaha...perfecto.
Then, we went to Danga Bay. It's as if I just landed on Indonesian land, or even Bangladesh. It was packed with all the foreign workers, just chilling out since they cannot balik kampung, but seriously, it was as if I was on a different land, not tanah melayu anymore, and I have pictures to prove it, which I can't show right now since I'm having problem transfering it from my camera. I will put it in later when I manage transfer it to my thinkpad ok?
We arrived home at 7pm, spent nearly an hour at my dad's office, replying his mails, cleaning up his office (another secret, my dad's asking to end his tenureship at his current job, hopefully he gets it so that he doesnt have to work so hard, I pity him sometimes..you think you're busy? Then you should see my dad....). Then our relatives came over, so the whole night was tiring and fun at the same time. By the way, if you guys watched Forum Perdana yesterday, you could have seen my dad, mum and Syafiq on TV. One of my anak buah from Kedah smsed my dad, "Bila Tok Chik yang masuk TV tue nak balik kampung bagi duit raya?",hehehe...cute right?
Well, I'm guing out later, to get my car fueled up for tomorrow's trip back to KL and to get some stuff for my mum from the Store, I don't intend to go beraya to other peoples house lah, I just like to stay home as much as I can. My parents are off to KL in the evening, my dad has a meeting in Penang tomorrow, and they are taking the 1st flight from KLIA to Penang tomorrow morning. What a life! The 3rd raya, and he's already back on the road, you will never know how much I admire my dad, and his passion for his work, I wish I had just a fraction of his passion, so that I continue my work as if I LOVE it so much..hehehe.
Tomorrow I am heading back to KL with my bro, just to avoid the predictable horrible traffic on Sunday. Just like that, my one week break from work is ending...sigh sigh sigh, it's NOT enough, it'll never be enough, but what to do, life does go on. Chaiyo Chaiyo to myself!!!
Friday, November 4
Eid Mubarak
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
aku dah tak rasa thrill raya. kenapa ek? aku ni jenis slalu jgk balik kg (though it never seems enuff in the eyes of my mum) so aku rasa raya is no different from the other holidays.i wonder why...
sebab dah tua...
aku pun x thrill raya sgt pun
but just the feeling of getting off work...sungguh best...refreshing giler =)
x pun bukan sbb tua lah, its because u need to move on to the next stage of ur life,----> getting married..heheh...ull enjoy it mor ewith ur wife and kids kut...
a wild guess...
muahaha...org yg bckp tu pn tak kawin lagi :p . aku blum stabil lagi la sue. tp bkn dh kawin nnt lg pening ke, kite nk beraya kt kg kite, dia nk beraya kt kg dia....
eh pening xper, asal jangan boring...pening and gaduh lah baru THRILL..isnt tat wat ure looking for? hehehe...
takkan x der calon kut...kalau xder, Nana kan ada...hahaha...(p/s:Nana, dun kill me, i know ure not around sebab tue suka-suki jek aku letak nama ko...hahhaha)
slamat hari raya buat sue se family...mohon ampun dan mahap yer...lu ya..mmuahhh...
Post a Comment